The South Dakota State Railroad Museum (SDSRM) is a South Dakota 501(c)3 not- for-profit organization that operates independently and is not part of the Black Hills Central Railroad and is not affiliated with the State of South Dakota. However, it is in the best and most convenient location for a railroad history and interactive experience in South Dakota—right next to the Black Hills Central Railroad’s depot in Hill City!
The museum focuses on educating the public on the railroad companies that have served South Dakota from 1872 to the present time through educational experiences, memorabilia and collections.
- 8 x 75-foot timeline/collage of South Dakota and American railroading
- Depot interior display/lantern and timetable exhibit
- 600-square-foot HO model railroad layout depicting South Dakota scenes
- On-line cinema film and TV display photos
- Steam locomotive display/railroad construction hardware and tools
- South Dakota agriculture and railroading exhibit
- Original railroad art and folk art items
If you have questions regarding the museum, please contact Rick Mills at 605-574-9000 or email@example.com.
Museum Admission Charge:
ADULTS: $5.00 including tax
($1.00 discount with 1880 TRAIN ticket)
12 and Under FREE
May 5 – October 13 | Open Daily 9 am – 4 pm