Nicknamed “Redfern,” Coach #144 was originally built as a baggage car. The Oregon Electric Railway converted it to a passenger coach in 1915. The BHC then modified the coach for use as an open observation car in 1998 to provide better viewing of the beautiful Black Hills scenery between Hill City and Keystone.
Learn more about all of our train cars in the 1880 Train Guide Book! It’s available online and at our gift shops in Hill City and Keystone.