The 1880 Train of Hill City, SD, announces that Holli Edwards has joined the organization as the Business Development Manager. She will oversee the attraction’s reservation system, High-Liner Snack Shop, Depot Gift Shops and special events.
A graduate of Southwest Minnesota State University, Edwards has served as communications director for the Presentation Sisters of Aberdeen, worked in the marketing department at Black Hills Federal Credit Union and served as marketing and business development director at Westhills Village Retirement Community in Rapid City. For the last nine years, she was the hospitality manager for Prairie Berry Winery in Hill City.
“I am excited to be in Hill City working for a forward-thinking, family-owned company,” says Edwards. “The 1880 Train is so much a part of the Black Hills community and focused on creating memorable experiences for all who ride the Train!”
Some of the memorable experiences Edwards refers to include the following 2015 special events:
• Mother’s Day Express May 10
• The 1880 Train Appreciation Weekend May 16-17
• Prairie to Peaks Iron Horse Rail Summer Camp June 9-11
• Father’s Day Ride on June 21
• Special entertainment with Cody Landstrom the Magician July 25
• An educational Steam Seminar September 5
• Wine Express September 12/19
• Oktoberfest Express September 26
• Holiday Express with Santa in November and December
• Old West Shootouts
More on the 1880 Train’s 2015 special events and the regular train schedule may be
found at www.1880train.com.